What is my payment policy?
· Accepting payments in cash, Venmo and checks
· A 50% deposit is required for larger orders and customized theme orders the balance is due at or before pickup/delivery. I cannot guarantee your order can be filled without a deposit.
Customized pricing is dependent on design, theme and level of detail. The best way to get an accurate quote is to call, text, message through website.
Does The Sweet baker have a store front?
Unfortunately, no. Cottage Food Businesses are not permitted to have a store front.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
If you need to cancel your custom order, it must be cancelled within 72 hours of the time of pickup, otherwise a refund may not be available. This is due to the need to create the custom decorations and/or cookie cutters for your order. Some large orders may not be cancelled within two weeks of pickup.
How soon do you need to order?
As each design is custom made it is important that you place your order as early as possible. For theme cakes and large order at least 2-3 weeks in advance. This ensures that there is time to order and receive any necessary products for your order.
Does The Sweet Baker ship baked goods?
Unfortunately, no. I operate under Cottage Food Law in the State of Connecticut which prohibits shipping baked goods. You may ship baked goods at your own risk and in accordance with your carrier's policies.
Do I deliver?
Yes. A modest delivery fee may apply.
How long do cookies last?
· For fresh cookies, at least 5-7 days (boxed)
· Cookies can be heat sealed to ensure freshness. You can leave them on the counter for up to 2-3 weeks.
· Cookies can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months if kept in a well sealed container.
How should I store my cakes and cupcakes?
· For maximum freshness refrigerate your cakes and cupcakes and remove 1-2 hours before serving.
· Cakes and cupcakes can last in refrigerator for 3-5 days or in the freezer in a well-sealed container for up to 3 months.
Note-I use food colorings in almost eveything, and if you select a dark color such as black, mouths and teeth could become temporarily discolored and may affect the quality of event photos.